Mt. Airy Baseball was established in 1985 and remains an all-volunteer community organization. We offer a fun, instructional environment for youth baseball. Everyone is welcome! And no child will be turned away for a family's inability to pay the fee.
Age and skill-based programs are available throughout the year for area children:
- Spring in-house recreational league
- Summer Stars travel (8U-12U) and Legion teams
- Fall recreational league (AKA Fall Ball)
- Winter instructional clinics (recreational league and Stars sessions)
In every activity, we strive to encourage Mt. Airy children.
- Honest play cooperation, sportsmanship, and commitment to team effort
- Coordination, stamina, strength, and alertness necessary for athletic achievement
- Competitive spirit that is passionate, but fair, striving for both individual and group accomplishment
- Trust and respect for adults who provide instruction and guidance
- Love of baseball and familiarity with its history and proper play
In addition, our activities reinforce the basic trust and understanding among adults and families in Mt. Airy. Full, appropriate participation is available to all children and adults and is not based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or ability to pay.
Volunteers make all of this possible. They are coaches, assistant coaches, concession stand workers, groundskeepers, board members, and more. We are a cooperative effort by neighbors for neighbors. Fees make up about 2/3 of the League’s budget. The rest is from donations, sponsorships, and a variety of fundraising activities, such as merchandise and concession stand sales.
Questions? Email email@example.com.